Right-wing Charities That Should be Audited
The Broadbent Institute – at risk of being confused with ISIS or some other malevolent group – has issued a report identifying dozens of ‘charities’ that operate in Canada and that clearly have political mandates.
Right-wing political mandates.
- the Fraser Institute (this is a charity?)
- the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies
- Focus on the Family
- Macdonald-Laurier Institute
- C.D. Howe Institute (this is a charity?)
- Montreal Economic Institute
- Canadian Constitution Foundation
- Energy Probe Research Foundation
- Frontier Centre for Public Policy
- Institute for Canadian Values
And don’t forget the thousands of not-for-profit groups like the Canadian Taxpayers Foundation that avoid taxes or other expenses because of their status.
I agree with the Broadbent Institute conclusions: Canadians have a right to an independent inquiry into whether or not the Harper government has overstepped its bounds by employing the CRA as a tool of its fascist policies.
For the record, has anyone started a petition to demand an inquiry?