If Davos Isn’t About Capitalism, What’s Stephen Harper All About?
C’mon people: even organizers of the planning sessions in Davos agree that ‘capitalism, in its current form, no longer fits the world around us,’ and yet Stephen Harper stands on a stage and declares war against the evil pensioners.
I’m sorry, but this is shameful. He can’t stand on Canadian soil and make such a declaration and he’s still pretending that he’s done something special with the Canadian economy.
What’s his track record?
- Record deficits
- Structural financial issues
- Massive handouts to non-Canadian companies
- Elaborate and expensive advertising campaigns, resulting in billions in taxpayer funds going to Canada’s media monopolies
- Expensive defense programs that have no lid on them
- Brutal attacks on democratic institutions in Canada
And now … the war on pensioners.
If you’re a Conservative, can you really be proud of this? Do you enjoy the idea of pulling the plug on your parents?
Good luck Boomers. Enjoy your Alpo after all the contributions you’ve made to Canada.
I hope you think twice before you choose Conservatives and pocket-book politics if we ever get a chance to go to the polls again.