When Will Stephen Harper Take Credit for Cheap Gas?
The collapsing oil price has some analysts wondering if the Tar Sands glut will ever end, taking the fortunes of the Conservative Party of Canada and Stephen Harper with them.
The only true positive out of Stephen Harper’s reign of error has been the collapse in prices at the pumps.
For most of the country the price was about $1.20 to $1.35 (or higher) as early as the beginning of 2015. While prices were slow to slide, they eventually tanked to less than $1.00 in most parts of the country.
This is exceptional news for most commuters, as we pay for gas in some form or other, be it for our own cars or the vehicles that transport us from A to B.
Stephen Harper is a seasoned expert when it comes to avoiding any responsibility, even though he apparently is the leader of this country.
However – and unfortunately for all of us – it won’t be long before Stephen Harper starts taking credit for changes in gas prices, claiming some kind of ‘genius’ for it’s impact on Canadian consumers – especially those in Eastern Canada – and ‘putting more money into the hands of Canadians’.
We know that about 60-70% of the country will understand it’s complete tripe. Now … what about the other 30% of the population that still laps up his crap? Will they wake up in time to realize that they’re being lied to? Will they finally wake up to the miserable reality that is a Stephen Harper Conservative government and take their vote elsewhere?